THE AMERICA ONE NEWS
Aug 29, 2025  |  
0
 | Remer,MN
Sponsor:  QWIKET 
Sponsor:  QWIKET 
Sponsor:  QWIKET: Elevate your fantasy game! Interactive Sports Knowledge.
Sponsor:  QWIKET: Elevate your fantasy game! Interactive Sports Knowledge and Reasoning Support for Fantasy Sports and Betting Enthusiasts.
back  
topic


NextImg:UGH: Federal judge refuses to stay order, says closing of Alligator Alcatraz must continue – The Right Scoop

Yesterday, amid the constant reporting on the horrific shooting in Minneapolis, a federal judge ordered the shutdown of Alligator Alcatraz, refusing to stay her prior judgment that began this ridiculous closing.

DHS is following the court order, but they are of course fighting it.

Here’s more from the AP:

An immigration detention center in the Florida Everglades dubbed “ Alligator Alcatraz ” must keep moving toward shutting down operations by late October, a judge has ruled, even as the state and federal governments fight that decision.

U.S. District Judge Kathleen Williams late Wednesday denied requests to pause her order to wind down operations at the facility, which has been plagued by reports of unsanitary conditions and detainees being cut off from the legal system.

The facility was already being emptied of detainees, according to an email exchange shared with The Associated Press on Wednesday. The executive director of the Florida Division of Emergency Management, Kevin Guthrie, said on Aug. 22 “we are probably going to be down to 0 individuals within a few days,” in a message to South Florida Rabbi Mario Rojzman about chaplaincy services at the facility, implying there would soon be no need.

Attorneys for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said in their request for a stay that Williams’ order last week, if carried out, would disrupt the federal government’s ability to enforce immigration laws.

But the judge in Wednesday night’s order noted that the detainee population already was dwindling at the facility, and that the federal government’s “immigration enforcement goals will not be thwarted by a pause in operations.”

Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ’ administration is preparing to open a second immigration detention facility dubbed “Deportation Depot” at a state prison in north Florida.

Williams said in last week’s order that she expected the population of “Alligator Alcatraz” to decline within 60 days through the transferring of the detainees to other facilities, and once that happened, fencing, lighting and generators should be removed. She wrote the state and federal defendants can’t bring any new detainees onto the property.

This judge is an Obama appointee and you can believe her order will eventually be overturned.

Border Czar Tom Homan addressed it this morning, saying the judge made a bad decision:

Loading a Tweet...