


Brandon Johnson, the corrupt mayor of Chicago, has just signed an order for his city to resist President Trump’s immigration crackdown that’s about to happen in his city.
Johnson has said he’s been hearing credible reports that a major operation is about to take place in his city, and he’s wholly against it, ordering all law enforcement to NOT work with federal law enforcement officers during this crackdown.
Here’s the video:
And here’s more from CNN:
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson signed an executive order Saturday laying out initial plans for how the city will try to resist President Donald Trump’s planned immigration crackdown in the coming days.
The mayor’s order provides guidance and directives to the city’s agencies and law enforcement “in the midst of escalating threats from the federal government.” CNN previously reported the Trump administration is preparing to conduct a major immigration enforcement operation in Chicago as soon as next week, according to multiple sources familiar with the planning.
“We may see militarized immigration enforcement. We may also see National Guard troops. We may even see active duty military and armed vehicles in our streets. We have not called for this. Our people have not asked for this, but nevertheless, we find ourselves having to respond to this,” Johnson said before signing the executive order on Saturday.
The mayor’s order “affirms” that Chicago police will not “collaborate with federal agents on joint law enforcement patrols, arrest operations, or other law enforcement duties including civil immigration enforcement.”
The order also “urges” federal law enforcement officers who operate in Chicago “to refrain from wearing masks, to wear and use body cameras and to identify themselves to members of the public with names and badge numbers.” Johnson reiterated the city’s police force will be required to wear attire that clearly identifies them.
Johnson’s order also directs city departments to “pursue all available legal and legislative avenues to resist coordinated efforts from the federal government” that violate the rights of Chicagoans.
The mayor’s order ultimately demands Trump “stand down” from deploying military forces to Chicago for immigration enforcement – but it’s not clear how effective it will be in stopping Trump’s plans.