THE AMERICA ONE NEWS
Apr 4, 2025  |  
0
 | Remer,MN
Sponsor:  QWIKET AI 
Sponsor:  QWIKET AI 
Sponsor:  QWIKET AI: Interactive Sports Knowledge.
Sponsor:  QWIKET AI: Interactive Sports Knowledge and Reasoning Support.
back  
topic
Telegraph Reporters


Trump ordered to pay up in legal battle over ‘perverted’ sex claims

Donald Trump has been ordered to pay more than £625,000 in legal costs after unsuccessfully suing a British-based company over allegations that he took part in “perverted” sex acts.

The US president, 78, brought a data protection claim against Orbis Business Intelligence, a consultancy founded by Christopher Steele, a former MI6 officer, in 2022.

Mr Steele authored the so-called Steele dossier, which contained allegations, denied by Mr Trump, that he had been “compromised” by the Russian security service, the FSB, and also included two memos that claimed he had taken part in “sex parties” in St Petersburg and engaged in “golden showers” with prostitutes in Moscow.

Mrs Justice Steyn threw out the claim in February last year without ruling on the truth of the allegations, and ordered Mr Trump to pay Orbis’s costs “of the entire claim” including an initial payment of £290,000, which a hearing in January was told that Mr Trump had “decided not to pay”.

That led to him being prevented from taking part in a three-day hearing to decide the size of the total legal bill, with Costs Judge Jason Rowley ordering on Thursday that the president pay £626,058.98.

The specialist judge said the figure was “both reasonable and proportionate”, with interest accruing daily at 12 per cent.

Mr Steele previously ran the Secret Intelligence Service’s Russia desk.