THE AMERICA ONE NEWS
Jul 21, 2025  |  
0
 | Remer,MN
Sponsor:  QWIKET 
Sponsor:  QWIKET 
Sponsor:  QWIKET: Elevate your fantasy game! Interactive Sports Knowledge.
Sponsor:  QWIKET: Elevate your fantasy game! Interactive Sports Knowledge and Reasoning Support for Fantasy Sports and Betting Enthusiasts.
back  
topic
Curtis Houck


NextImg:Lead ABC, CBS Shows Ignore CBP Officer Being SHOT by Illegal Alien

Continuing to show little respect for the brave men and women who keep all Americans safe from dangerous illegal immigrants, ABC and CBS refused to cover on their flagship newscasts Sunday night and Monday morning the horrible news out of their own backyard on Saturday as an off-duty Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer was shot in the face during an attempted robbery. The suspect? An illegal alien with a dangerous rapt sheet.

As of this blog’s publication, the only flagship morning or evening newscast to mention this came on Sunday’s NBC Nightly News, which gave it 95 seconds (excluding an opening tease).

“In New York, police say an off-duty border patrol agent was shot in what appears to be a botched robbery attempt,” Sunday anchor Hallie Jackson began.

Correspondent Camila Bernal picked up from there with the grainy surveillance video:

This is the moment DHS says an off-duty Customs and Border Protection Officer is ambushed and shot late Saturday by a man with a deportation order. Authorities believe two men who approached on a scooter were attempting to rob the 42-year- old officer, who was in a park with a friend. Two senior law enforcement sources say it appears to be a random encounter...New York City’s police commissioner says he approached the officer from behind, and that’s when the officer drew his service weapon.

She also named the illegal perp as Miguel Francisco Mora Nunez from the Dominican Republic.

In between soundbites from the NYPD commissioner and the head of CBP’s New York field office, Bernal listed Mora Nunez’s record: “Authorities confirming he had previously been arrested for domestic violence, robbery, assault, and was wanted in Massachusetts for kidnapping. President Trump saying on Truth Social that Mora Nunez ‘was apprehended at the border in April 2023, but instead of being deported, was released.’”

Despite nothing from Good Morning America and World News Tonight on ABC as well as the CBS Weekend News and CBS Mornings, the two networks are certainly aware of this brazen attack.

ABC even put it on their middle-of-the-night show, Good Morning America First Look with a one-minute-and-48-second segment.

Co-host Rhiannon Ally had the report, including a strong lead-in: “We’re learning more about the suspect accused of shooting an off-duty Border Patrol agent in a park in New York. The violence caught on camera, raising new questions about undocumented immigrants, crime, and deportations.”

“A U.S. Border Patrol officer is now recovering after being shot in the face during a botched robbery in a New York City park. This surveillance video, released by Homeland Security, shows two men on a scooter approaching the off-duty agent and a female companion when one of them pulls a gun...The agent was shot in the face and the arm, but managed to return fire, hitting the gunman in the leg,” she continued.

She even made sure to paint the picture of Mora Nunez as one of those worst of the worst illegal immigrants: “Authorities say he’s a Dominican national who entered the country illegally through Arizona in 2023 and was ordered deported last fall. Since then, they say he’s been arrested multiple times for domestic violence, was wanted for a robbery and a stabbing and, according to the New York’s mayor, he was also wanted for a kidnaping in Massachusetts.”

Despite all this, she tried to blame the Trump administration, later closing by saying “the case also sparking questions as to why Mora was still on the streets amid ongoing ICE activity and the focus on deporting violent criminals.”

Over on CBS, they’ve had multiple stories about the attack on CBSNews.com. Instead, Sunday’s CBS Weekend News whined about the Trump administration carrying out immigration raids in California (click “expand”):

BARNETT: Tonight, the divide between California and the Trump administration is growing, whether it’s immigration or gun laws, LGBTQ+ rights to disaster aid and even high speed rail funding. CBS News’s Elise Preston is in Los Angeles reporting on this escalating battle over policy and power. Elise?

PRESTON: Errol, you can see the tug of war right here behind me. This small presence of the National Guard setting off a handful of protesters in downtown L.A. Civilians and officials pushing back against the administration.

LOS ANGELES MAYOR KAREN BASS (D): This is a political stunt, a terrible misuse of taxpayers’ dollars.

PRESTON: L.A. Mayor Karen Bass blasting the Trump administration’s unwelcome immigration enforcement. In June, the administration sent about 4,000 federal troops to the city, they say, to protect ICE agents enforcing immigration policy. [PROTESTERS SCREAMING] The move triggered massive and heated protests in downtown L.A. [WOMAN SCREAMING] The administration’s immigration crackdown is just one of the policy battles pitting the President against the Golden State and his staunch critic, Governor Gavin Newsom.

GOVERNOR GAVIN NEWSOM (D-CA): It’s about time Donald Trump grow up.

PRESTON: L.A. and California have also sparred with the Trump administration over guns, transgender athletes, and disaster relief funding for victims of the deadly fires. State and local officials are fighting back with dozens of lawsuits, the latest this past week when the President pulled $4 billion in approved funding for California’s high speed rail project, but it’s immigration which is at the forefront of the feud.

MAN: You better get out of here.

PRESTON: This week, the number of National Guard troops the Trump administration deployed in Los Angeles was cut with roughly 2,000 remaining.

MAN: Why are you covering your face, boy?

PRESTON: A bill that would prevent law enforcement from covering their faces is advancing in the State Legislature. ICE Acting Director Todd Lyons told "Face the Nation" he will let his agents decide.

LYONS: I’m not a proponent of the masks, however, if that’s a tool that the men and women of ICE to keep themselves and their families safe, then I will allow it.

BASS: I don’t know, but I have a hard time believing that the woman selling pineapples on the corner is going to attack an ICE agent.

PRESTON: Now, according to data released by ICE and analyzed by the LA Times, nearly 60 percent of the people detained in Southern California last month had never been charged with a crime[.]

To see the relevant NBC transcript from July 20, click “expand.”

NBC Nightly News with Hallie Jackson
July 202, 2025
6:30 p.m. Eastern [TEASE]

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE: Breaking News; Off-Duty Border Patrol Agent Shot]

HALLIE JACKSON: An off-duty Border Patrol agent shot in New York during an attempted robbery. The Department of Homeland Security saying the suspect entered the country illegally.

(....)

6:38 p.m. Eastern

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE: Breaking News; Off-Duty CBP Officer Shot]

JACKSON: In New York, police say an off-duty border patrol agent was shot in what appears to be a botched robbery attempt. Camilia Bernal has more.

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE: NYPD: Border Patrol Officer Shot in Attempted Robbery]

CAMILA BERNAL: This is the moment DHS says an off-duty Customs and Border Protection Officer is ambushed and shot late Saturday by a man with a deportation order. Authorities believe two men who approached on a scooter were attempting to rob the 42-year- old officer, who was in a park with a friend. Two senior law enforcement sources say it appears to be a random encounter. The alleged shooter identified by police as Miguel Francisco Mora Nunez of the Dominican Republic. New York City’s police commissioner says he approached the officer from behind, and that’s when the officer drew his service weapon.

NYPD COMMISSIONER JESSICA TISCH: The perp fired first and an exchange of gunfire followed. The officer was struck in the forearm and in the face.

BERNAL: Mora Nunez was taken into custody after going to the hospital to be treated for his injuries. Authorities confirming he had previously been arrested for domestic violence, robbery, assault, and was wanted in Massachusetts for kidnapping. President Trump saying on Truth Social that Mora Nunez “was apprehended at the border in April 2023, but instead of being deported, was released.”

CBP NY FIELD OFFICE DIRECTOR FRANK FUSSO: Let’s make something incredibly clear tonight — today: Our officer is a hero. If not for his efforts, this person of interest would have committed more armed robberies.

BERNAL: The officer is expected to make a full recovery. Camilia Bernal, NBC News.